16.10.13

THE FIRST HURRAH


We know for a fact that each one of us is different. And yet it’s sad how hard we struggle to conform and blend in.

For many years, I’ve tried and tried [and failed] to please and fit in. I felt lost in a maze full of pretension. Every move was nothing but a gamble that took my identity as a wager. The longer I played, the lesser I became. So one day stopped trying. For once, I stopped looking at others and started seeing myself. I stopped counting what I lack and started appreciating what I have. I started being myself. 




I'm not gonna lie, I am a far cry from a typical Maria Clara (I can hear my friends clapping for stating the obvious haha). I am perky, loquacious, crazy, and adventurous. I giggle a lot and laugh rather too easily even at the lamest of jokes.

I am unafraid to go places and get lost but quite squeamish when crossing a busy road. Cheers to irony! I have the ability to switch people's boiling point to maximum when I shriek like a banshee at the sight of a flying cockroach. It's like world war Z to me! 

I’m no Kate Moss.  Neither do I have a perfect face nor a statuesque body to flaunt. I don’t watch my weight but I do watch out for food. But hey, I love dressing up and posing for the camera! I can't help it, guys! My blood runs pink.

Well, this is me embracing who I am – flaws and all. 



Tara! Let our crazy selves be! Let's conquer the world one blooper at a time!

Photos by: Daniel Richard Sta. Romana

8 comments:

binibining S said...

Cheers to being lost :)

Unknown said...

yay! what we do best! haha

Unknown said...

"this is me embracing who I am – flaws and all"

It's very important that we acknowledge our flaws but most importantly we must be able to do something to correct it and learn from it =)

PS: kamukha mo talaga si Jodi Santamaria

Unknown said...

I agree, Arvs. :) Good point.

Haha. Maka-flatter. chos. But I still don't see Jodi Sta.Maria here.

Luis said...

I remembered so well the flying cockroach. Nalangkat akong panit ato when our friend visited us "unexpectedly". Hahahaha!

Unknown said...

Literally nalangkat imong panit. haha. That was epic.

Unknown said...

wonderful top

www.thefashionfraction.com
www.thefashionfraction.com

Unknown said...

thanks!!